Our business is currently undergoing an overhaul. We look forward to welcoming you back on 8 June 2024! Tickets can be purchased from January 2024.
This ticket with seat guarantee...
… includes a guaranteed seat on the desired departure.
… gives you direct access to the platform.
… must be shown at the turnstile with any reduction (Swiss Travel Pass, Half Fare Card).
… can neither be exchanged nor refunded.
- The purchase of an additional seat guarantee is not necessary when purchasing tickets in the webshop. The seat guarantee is added automatically.
- The seats are not numbered and can therefore be chosen freely. The turnstile opens 30 minutes before departure. Show up at the access time and you will have more choice of seats.
- Our compartments offer space for eight people. When there is a high volume of guests, we use the available capacity.
- The surcharge for a guaranteed seat from Brienz is CHF 8.00 per person. As soon as you select the desired ticket, the seat guarantee will be added automatically.
- The seat guarantee only applies to the ascent journey from Brienz. It is currently not possible to book a seat guarantee for the descent journey. We recommend that you arrive at the Rothorn Kulm or Planalp station at least 30 minutes before train departure.
- If you have one of the following reductions, passes or cards, you can buy the guaranteed seat for CHF 8.00 per person ("Seat guarantee ascent"):
Bernese Oberland Pass, Tell Pass, Camping Card Bernese Oberland, Brienz Guest Card, SBB Ticket
You will receive your valid ticket at the ticket office in Brienz upon presentation of the reductions, passes or cards.
- If you it is your birthday on the day of the trip, you can also only buy the guaranteed seat for CHF 8.00 per person ("Seat guarantee ascent") and receive the ticket at the ticket office upon presentation of an ID.